Anvil of doom

 Or weekend update 2.

The anvil of doom is now based and ready for battle. With only two weeks left it's just as well because I haven't finished a single slayer.




It turned out nice although not really how I pictured it before starting. I decided to go with the official paint job from white dwarf which I was sure was a lot more red and blue than green and yellow. I did make a couple of small changes to improve, in my opinion anyway, the overall look of the model. While looking for examples online I found some amazing paint jobs with nmm and osl but even without the time crunch they were far beyond my abilities. It would be great to be able to paint to that standard but who has the time?


I'm mostly ready for the event now. I've got my ticket and decided on a hotel the night before rather than trying to get up early enough for an hour and a halfs drive. I've even submitted my list a week early so I'm locked in. All I need to do is get those 18 slayers painted. I had decided on breaking them down into groups of three so the first ones are almost ready just needing the metals finished off, axe handles and some small details and I think that will be them. With the colours decided I'm hoping I can race through the remaining 15. I have made a start with all of them having the base coat done on their hair and beard's so I may carry on doing the leather and metal on all of them before the all over wash. I should then be able to do the details in batches of three. Will I make it? Who knows I think it will depend on how useless my work turns out to be. I was going to leave the command models till last but maybe getting the front row done will look better rather than racing through the less detailed models. 

I should really be painting now but my daughter's swimming lesson is a good time to get some blogging in.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts